Wednesday, January 12, 2011

NYC: Winter Wonderland Mania - 2011 version

For days now, the news has been filled with screaming headlines about the incoming snow storm. Hysteria abounds, yet again.

The city started salting the streets today. TO-DAY. ALL DAY. ON BARE sidewalks. On BARE NAKED street corners. Crosswalks.



Only to be swept away within minutes by the pedestrian and vehicle traffic.

Just so you know, the snow didn't begin to fall until 8:00 PM.

No one was going to tell Mayor Bloomberg EVER EVER again that the snow isn't being cleared, or that he failed at his job. Nope. This is a man that does NOT like being taken to task.



I went to the park tonight (the one next to Gracie Mansion  the official Mayoral residence which the Mayor does not live at, but still - it is a representative of all things Mayoral) and damn it, there were plows in the streets on the way there, so all you can hear is Scccccccccrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeech, scraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatch and  scraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaape  - why were the plows screeching and scraping and scratching? Oh, I don't know, maybe because there wasn't ANY snow to plow?


Once I made it to the park, there were pick up trucks with plows as well...

(Entry Way to Park: use your imagination - night time, pick up truck with plow plowing a light dusting- btw, you could've just used a Swiffer and been done at that point.)

Mind you, it was very nice to have the walkways in the park paved for just me and my dog, so thank you Mr Bloomberg. I appreciate it, I really do.

But really, can you imagine what it must be like to date the man? Oy. Call him out on one thing, and he gets all crazy and overcorrects himself for the next time until you cry Uncle.

Seriously. Just exhausting.

Oh, and one last thing: With all of the news channels focused on this Snow Storm - NOT ONE newscast mentions one VERY important issue which all women need during a snow storm, which can be summed up in two words: WATERPROOF MASCARA.

I returned from the park looking a lot like this:
and yes, it's a stock photo, why would I photograph myself looking like this?
(and a istockphoto no less - why is everything i these days? i this i that, i whatever.)

I wonder if I sent Mayor Bloomberg an e mail about this oversight would he make sure that every woman in the five boroughs receive a tube of waterproof mascara? Hmmmmm... Maybe that's why his GF has been with him so long. I'm seeing some benefits to this Mayor Bloomberg.
I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment