Thursday, November 11, 2010

Leaving Santa Fe.



 (Dad at Ortiz Dog Park in Santa Fe  with his "Grand Dog Daughter" whom I named after him. I told him I wasn't giving him a grandchild, so this was the next best thing.)

On my last morning, in Santa Fe, originally Dad and I were going to go to his Tai-Chi (!) class together but ran out of time. Instead Dad and I took my dog, his "Grand Dog Daughter" to  Ortiz Dog Park which is really dog nirvana. Every dog should have a chance to go here. (Even though the grounds are toxic and were originally used for some sort of army testing and later were scheduled for housing  but when the soil report turned up toxins, they scrapped that and turned it into a dog park - what's a little toxins to dogs?)

This place is MASSIVE.

I swear I didn't get these two from Central Casting. (though their choice of dog - a  purebred golden retriever, was a little too minty for their attire/look.)


Dad and I had a nice visit. He seems happy here, and his friends and co-workers really adore him.  I look forward to my next visit.  :)

Next stop: Waxahachie, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment